Heart Day Is Almost Here!
Seems like just yesterday I was blogging to all of you to try to slow down and enjoy the holidays with your loved ones. Here we are: the holidays are over and Valentine’s Day is fast approaching. So, once again, I am going to encourage you to spend some time with those you love.
Life Is More Than Just A Box Of Chocolates!
Sure – the heart-shaped box of assorted chocolates is easy (and sometimes tasty). I say sometimes because Forrest Gump’s mother was right. You really “never know what you’re going to get.” Some of those chocolates just aren’t very good. Anyway, I am getting a little off topic. My point is…you can do better that that! Be creative for your Valentine.
How about you try these:
- Make reservations at the restaurant where you had your first date. Try to get the same table if possible.
- Instead of eating out, have a candlelit dinner at home. Cook together and make your favorite foods.
- Make a coupon book that your Valentine can use later. Make the coupons personal. Think of the person and what they would most like.
- If you want to give flowers, instead of having them delivered by a florist, deliver them yourself and hand them one-by-one to your love. As you hand each flower, tell one thing about the person that makes them so special.
Give your Valentine a complete carpet cleaning by professionals. Who wouldn’t want a beautiful, clean home for Valentine’s Day?
More Than One Valentine?!?
Don’t forget! You may have more than one Valentine. What?!? More than one Valentine? Yep! If you have a family, you probably have little Valentines running around too. Don’t forget them. They enjoy getting treated special as well. While you are helping them make sure they have a Valentine card filled out for every child in their class, you might want to think about doing something to treat them too. Here are some tips for the little Valentines:
- Treat them to a “date” at their favorite snack spot – an ice cream sundae or something like that.
- Starting on February 1, give them a heart-shaped piece of paper (tape it to their door or to the refrigerator) telling them why they are so special.
- Make a coupon book for your child that they can use later. For example, one coupon might read, “This coupon good for me cleaning your room for you.” Now that’s a fantastic gift!
Valentine’s Day is a wonderful day to take time out for a moment and make sure that those you love know that you do. Of course, every day should be Valentine’s Day. We should always be telling and showing those dearest to our heart that we care. But, just in case we get too busy and forget to show our love the way we should, I hope my tips have got you thinking of some things you can do. The trick is to make it personal. Think of what your Valentine would like the most from you. Sometimes it might be as simple as sitting quietly and talking with you. Maybe it’s the classics: flowers, chocolates, or jewelry. Or, if they are ready for a rest and want their home nice and clean give us a call. We can get your carpet, tile, and upholstery looking like new. Whatever you do – take some time to make sure your Valentine feels special.
Happy Valentine’s Day!