A Warm Up Is Headed Our Way!
You’ve already heard me say it…This has been a crazy winter here in the Austin area. We have gone from ice on the roadways one day to a warm up of close to 80 degrees the next and then the temperature just plummets back down again the next day! It’s been hard to keep up. But, no worries – we will be complaining about the heat in no time.
Spring Into Spring!
I say all the time that your home is probably your biggest investment. Springtime is a great time to truly enjoy that investment! Spring is all about new beginnings, freshness, and starting over. So, why not use that philosophy in your home as well?
You can use Spring to brighten up your home. You’ve been all nestled in your house, warm and cozy all winter. It’s time to freshen everything up, de-clutter, and enjoy your space.
Here are some ideas to get you started:
- Use different fabrics and textures than what you used in the winter. For example, that snuggly throw you have sitting on your couch…store it until next fall (please clean it first) and throw some colorful pillows on the couch instead.
- Change your placemats, tablecloth, or runner on your dining table from the darker color you may have now to a bright, fun springtime color.
- Bring in some beautiful cut flowers and place them on your dining table.
- Change your bed linens from the heavier, warmer comforter to a lighter (and possibly brighter color) duvet.
- Some folks get really ambitious and even change out rugs. If you have a place to store them, you may want to do this (but you should probably have us professionally clean them first).
- Rooms inspired by Spring
- Easy Do-It-Yourself projects for decorating your home for Spring
- Creative crafts you can do with your kids to decorate for Spring
Make Your Home Beautiful This Spring!
I hope these tips get you thinking about what you can do around your home to make it extra special during this wonderful time of the year. Spring is a great time to freshen up your home and make it feel new again. So, take a look at what you have and how you can brighten it just a little. It will make a big difference.